Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ridiculous Amounts of Fun


Of all the countries we visited and all the places we saw, my favorite moments took place in Olomouc.  I learned very quickly that people truly are what makes a place special.  Because we lived in the international dorms--where English was the common language--we were blessed to make friends from countries all over Europe.  It was because of these people--along with my group members--that this trip was so wonderful.  Because Olomouc was everyone's home, it is where the most fun occurred.

Dance Clubs.
Monday nights were spent at 15 Minute Club.  It was small and crowded but such a blast.

Jose and Me at 15 Minute Club.

Andrew, Me, Yolima on the bus ride to 15 Minute.


My favorite Belgian and my favorite Colombian.

Wednesday nights were spent at Belmondo.  It was probably everyone's favorite place to dance the night away, especially with the different themes every week.

It was British night but we decided to invade.

Gökçe, Tara, Yoli, Viri, Me
Waiting at the tram stop on the way to Belmondo.

I love this guy so much!

I wonder which of these four doesn't speak Spanish?

Belmondo is so much fun!


Liquid. Friday nights. I only went here once, but lucky for me, it was the night of the Spanish party. The Spaniards have a way of adding fun to everything.

This girl is a dancing pro. Her best advice: "sit on your hips!"



Karen, Jose, and Viri

Mi favorito español.

Taken at 5AM thank you very much. Time for bed!

Scavenger Hunt
Dr. Clark decided to arrange a scavenger hunt around Olomouc. My team had the most spirit but still ended up in last place. 'A' for effort!
For the record, body paint and squirt guns will get you nothing but a lot of stares in the Czech Republic.
Riding the tram.

Thank goodness Lisa decided to wear her awesome shirt. One of the few clues we were able to figure out.

The competition.

In the "spirit" category we put everyone to shame.

Pub Tour
This extracurricular activity was supposed to be for extra credit, but I'm not sure we received it. Regardless of the credit, we had a great time and can proudly say we visited ten pubs in one night. (I never thought I'd be able to say that!) 
The black was not planned, but we thought it was pretty cool.

My wonderful roomie! She woke me up for class every morning. What would've I done without her?

My brother even made it to Olomouc for a day. Looks like he chose the right night to come!

The fancy bathroom which I had the privilege of using.

Lovely Thea and me at the Osa Bar.

Pub tour! 

Birthday Dinner
May 23, 2012

During our time in Europe we had three birthdays to celebrate.  Laura, Thea, and Tara all received a microwave-baked chocolate cake with Nutella frosting on their special days.
By the time Tara's birthday rolled around we figured we'd become experienced enough to cook an entire dinner.  It didn't exactly turn out like we'd planned.

We got off to a great start. Groceries from Globus. (Borrowing the carts was a common occurrence).

Thea taught us how to make candied pecans. So easy and SO delicious.

Baking the cake was a lot more fun than cooking the risotto.

In the end the birthday girl had to save her own birthday dinner.

The head chef. You can see the defeat all over her face.

The customary birthday cake. Chocolate with Nutella frosting and baked in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment